The State Railway of Thailand plans to develop five dual-track lines in 2014:
- Saraburi’s Map Kabao–Nakhon Ratchasima’s Thanon Jira junction (132 km);
- Nakhon Pathom–Hua Hin (165 km);
- Lop Buri–Pak Nampho (118 km);
- Prachuap Khiri Khan–Chumphon (167 km); and
- Nakhon Ratchasima–Khon Kaen (185 km).
However, the plan will be implemented only after it has been evaluated by the new government. Further, it is important to point out that these five dual-track lines are not part of the Pheu Thai government’s 2 trillion baht infrastructure development plan.