According to DOTC, seven bidders have confirmed their interest in the PHP 17.5 billion contract for the Mactan Cebu International Airport project: the Metro Pacific Investment Corporation (MPIC)–JG Summit Holdings consortium; AAA Airport Partners; the Filinvest–CAI consortium; the SMC–Incheon Airport Company consortium; First Philippine Airports consortium; the Premier Airport Group; and the GMR Infrastructure–Megawide consortium. DOTC has mandated that the bidders partner with experienced airport operators. The partnerships and parties that will be responsible for the construction are as follows:
- The MPIC–JG Summit consortium – Partner: France’s Aeroport de Lyon; construction by: Hyundae Construction and Leighton Construction
- AAA Airport Partners – Partner: Houston Airport Systems; construction by: Daewoo Engineering and Construction in partnership with the Ayala Group’s Makati Development Corporation
- Consortium of Filinvest–CAI – Partner: Changi Airport Group; construction by: Filinvest Group and Bouyges Batiment
- The SMC–Incheon consortium, led by Airport operator Incheon International Airport – construction by: Kumho Industrial Company; and design and engineering by: Keun Jeong Architects and Engineers
- First Philippine Airport consortium, led by the First Philippine Holdings – Partners: Wellington International Airport, New Zealand Airport, and Infratil Asia Limited; construction by: First Balfour, Inc.
- The Premier Airport Group led by SM Investment Corporation and Citadel Holdings, Inc. – Partner: Flughafen Zurich AG that operates the Zurich International Airport; construction by: DM Consunji, Inc.
- The GMR Infrastructure–Megawide consortium – Partner: operator of the Delhi International Airport and Hyderabad International Airport, construction by: GMR Airport Development, Inc., in partnership with Vijay Merman Company Limited.