The Manila Electric Company (Meralco) is all set to expand internationally, with plans to buy a majority stake in GMR Energy, Singapore. Meralco and its controlling shareholder, Hong Kong-listed First Pacific Company Limited, will buy a 70 per cent stake in the Singapore firm for S$600 million. Petronas, Malaysia’s state-owned oil firm, holds the remaining 30 per cent stake.