Construction work on the 140 km Da Nang–Quang Ngai Expressway project has begun. The project is estimated to cost $1.472 billion, of which $673 million will be funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency, $631 million by the World Bank, and the remainder by the Vietnamese government. The companies involved in the project and the diverse services they provide are described below:
- JV of Korea Expressway Corporation and Dohwa Engineering: Integrated project review and monitoring consulting services;
- Grant Thornton: Financial audit services;
- Nippon Koei, Nippon Engineering Consultants, Chodai, and Thai Engineering Consultants: Project design and consultation services;
- Civil Engineering Construction Corporation No. 4 and Thang Long Construction Corporation: Management of construction activities;
- Fukken & Minami Consultant: Civil subcontractor
The scope of work includes the construction of five cross-sections, nine intersections, 107 underground culverts, 492 drainage culverts, 130 bridges, a 540 metre two-lane tunnel, and four parking yards. The 26 metre wide expressway will have a speed limit of 120 km per hour.