Brunei’s petroleum authorities have signed several agreements with Malaysia-based Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) to strengthen the beneficial cooperation of the two countries in the oil and gas industry. They include:
- An heads of agreement (HoA) towards formalising a unitisation arrangement for Malaysia’s Kinabalu West NAG field and Brunei’s Maharajalela North Panel field;
- An HoA towards a provisional arrangement for the joint development of Malaysia’s Gumusut/ Kakap field and Brunei’s Geronggong/Jagus East field;
- Two production sharing agreements awarded by Petroleum Brunei to PETRONAS Carigali Brunei and Shell Deepwater Borneo for Brunei’s offshore Blocks N and Q;
- An agreement for Petroleum Brunei to acquire an interest in PETRONAS’s Canadian shale gas asset and PETRONAS’s proposed Canadian liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility, along with a share of the facility’s LNG production;
- An MoU between Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Sendirian Berhad and PB Services Sendirian Berhad towards a possible joint venture (JV) for the provision of engineering and fabrication services.